- Juvenile and Domestic Law
- Commercial and Business Litigation
- Financial and Consumer Class Actions
- Small Business Advising
Karen began her career litigating domestic and juvenile matters, served as an Attorney for the Juvenile Officer in Jackson County, Missouri and as the pro bono attorney at Bryan Cave LLP.
In the community Karen has volunteered at her children’s schools, has served as a Girl Scouts leader, has served her church and has been on her neighborhood Homes Association board for many years where she currently serves as President.
A graduate of the University of Kansas School of Law, she was a member of the school’s National Moot Court Team, the University of Kansas Criminal Procedure Review and won the Foulston Siefkin Prize for Excellence in Appellate Advocacy for co-authoring the top brief in the moot court competition. She has a B.S. in Journalism from the University of Kansas.
Karen and Paul have three daughters. Two TCU alumni, one working in advertising in Cincinnati, the other at a college ministry in Ft. Worth and a teenager at home who is an avid golfer, swimmer, skier and serial entrepreneur.
- University of Kansas School of Law, Lawrence, Kansas
Foulston Siefkin Prize for Excellence in Appellate Advocacy
National Moot Court Team, Member
- University of Kansas, B.S. Journalism
- U.S. District Court District of Kansas
- U.S. District Court Western District of Missouri
- Supreme Court of the United States of America
Legal and Community Activities
- Johnson County Bar Association, Solo/Small Firm Committee
- Leawood Chamber of Commerce
- Overland Park Chamber of Commerce
- Bryan Cave
- Jackson County, Attorney for Juvenile Officer
- Legal Aid of Western Missouri